Vision Statement :
1. A committed and accountable administration at the door step of the citizen. Providing information and rendering services to citizens especially to residents of far - flung areas through The Champhai Information and Grievances Redress Book duly prepared mentioning all important information, service offered, details of all offices and institutions of the government, banks, autonomous bodies, important societies and NGOs existing in the district for ready use to all villages, offices, etc. by 2012.
2. Uploading details of existing offices and institutions of govt. in the district, its citizens’ charter, grievances mechanism, etc. on one website by the year 2013 making accessible to citizens so as to make administration more transparent and citizen centric.
3. To make more awareness campaigns and wide information about the development schemes in the district and to make the administration accountable and more people friendly.
4. To create better network of IT facilities by making installation of signal tower in important and far flung areas so as to enable district administration more responsive, speedy in maintenance of law and order, disaster management, etc. by 2015.
5. Facilitate the pursuit of excellence in governance for the benefit of citizens, self governance and envision empowering citizens to become the main stakeholders in the process of development at the grass root level.
Mission Statement :
The Mission of this office is to :-
1. Co-ordinate all departments of government for smooth and effective functioning of administrative machinery in the district.
2. Monitor and supervise all developmental works and various schemes like MPLADS, MLALADS, DIF, BADP, etc. through authorised agencies; co-ordinate and guide the activities of various field departments for successful implementation of schemes, special development programmes and flagship programmes like NLUP, etc.
3. Protect consumers’ right under Consumer/District forum.
4. Fight against crime having international repercussions.
5. Manage disaster and rehabilitate victims in times of occurrence of natural disaster, distribution of assistance in kind and in cash, etc.
6. Prepare electoral roll for elections to parliamentary and state legislative assembly constituencies, conduct free and fair election and issue Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC).
7. Ensure successful conduct of various nation-wide censuses like population enumeration, National Population Register, Socio Economic & Caste Census, etc as and when required.
8. Observe important days; receiving and entertaining of visiting VIPs and important dignitaries.
9. Redress public grievances and queries by promoting citizen-centric governance and create an useful tool like Champhai District Information and Grievances Redress System as citizens require.
10. Ensure proper implementation and monitoring of NLUP in the district and act as a link amongst NLUP Implementing Board, line departments, various committees constituted in the district and village levels and deal with all matters of NLUP within the district.
11. Documentation and dissemination of best practices, nurture, support and harness active function, formulate and implement programmes, activities aims at promoting and facilitating all round development of the district.